Saturday, February 8, 2020

Scott and I visit the huge Willow Grove Y off Davisville Road

After Scott and I finished our delicious dinner of lentil pasta and marinara sauce



we left for the new Willow Grove YMCA.

Sewer pipes are being added, which is why Davisville Road is often closed.

The parking lot was very crowded.

We peeked into the swimming area before we entered.

Harry was our Tour Guide.

I mentioned my sister joined and has more energy than she ever had.

Here's their website.

The initial enrollment is very high but after that if you're over 65, you pay $12 per month and there's no contract.

Latest pool design

I would love to start swimming laps again.

We toured the weight room, the basketball courts, the gymnastics room, which was a big winner at the former Abington Y.

I also remembered what Eric Mendel told us during the walk. He's from Buffalo NY and almost became a chef.

But a friend of a friend told him about TRACKING, which is what we did earlier today.

Every Friday he leaves home, which is right on the grounds of the Trust and see what tracks have been left. Since we've had so much rain, leaving muddy spots, he was able to preview them in advance.

At the Y, there's also a high intensity biking room. I took one look and thought, These bikes are so high off the ground, how would I get up there?



Here's my stationery bike I ride at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment