Thursday, February 20, 2020

Busy Day plus Judy Loved My Birthday Poem - My poem A COLD MORNING







Captions from above photos.

Took most of my groceries home in this carton from Vietnam.

Flower pot from the late Judy Diaz. I don't want it to crack. Should I put it on the back porch?

Drove to CVS listening to opera on WRTI-FM and picked up my Novolog pens. These I can't run out of.

Image result for novolog flexpen

Cancelled my appt with Cecilia, who I like a lot, but received a phone call that I have an appt with her tomorrow.

Tomorrow? I did not know about this.

Plus I don't like driving all the way to the new place. The traffic goes too fast.

Found someone else on the Internet, a Dr Geeta Vaze. Am waiting for a call.

Vat else?

Of course. Richie from Verizon. Hold on, I've gotta eat something I'm so nervous about writing about him.

Bought a new kinda cheese at Giant. Boars Head White Cheddar.

Terrible!

Hold on while I get anudder piece.

So Richie is calling from Providence R I.

Oh, the home of RISDE, I say, Rhode Island School of Design.

I tell him that right here on my table is a clay coffee cup made by a student. I keep push pins, staples, and rubber bands inside.

When Sarah was at Brown, we must've walked over there and I loaded up on lovely items.

Richie and I spent nearly two hours on the phone while he fixed the New Directions line so people can say, Hi I'm Ruth Deming and I'm interested in joining your support group. Please call me at...

One phone greeter, H, already told me she understood the instrux for answering the phone.

Did I tell you I wrote a short story called IVAN for my Weds writing group at Warminster Library. Gonna read it to Judy when I finish bloggin.

First, a poem:

THE COLD MORNING

Stood out on the porch step
and sent my breath - hah! hah! hah! -
toward the brilliant cold sun.

Do I really live here?
The house is so big
emptied out as the children
left home.

The evening before
I said I'm gonna relax
with a cup of coffee
read some books
and get on with my day.

Drank the coffee in the car
on the way to my first errand
of the day.

A box of...
chocolates?
Crayolas?
Mah Jong Tiles?
or Novolog pens.


No comments:

Post a Comment