Monday, February 3, 2020

Last night's Superbowl - a stunner



Kansas City Chiefs QB, No. 15 Patrick Mahomes

24 years old

Final score: 31-20

I'm unfamiliar with both teams, but happy about the upset.

WRTI- FM announcer Gregg Whiteside told us what should have happened.

My car is frosted-over in the driveway and I've gotta leave in 2 hours for Mom's.

Enjoy breakfast with me, please.

Gotta finish all this fruit from Giant. Added 2 slices of Cooper sharp cheese.

ON THIS COLD AND FROSTY MORNING

Opening wide the front door
I see the green frog sister Donna gave me
arms behind his head
grinning up at the sky

He lies on a stump from the
downed fir tree, his nonchalance
a thing of beauty to behold.

...

And now, time to eat slowly and deliberately as if I were in a cafe in Switzerland, where the coffee is strong and the pastries 'to die for.'

No comments:

Post a Comment