Friday, February 28, 2020

Fight for what's right! Poem: Harriet Tubman

I was so excited to have an introductory membership to Barnes and Noble. All you need do is give them your phone number. Scott likes to buy books, so he bought half a dozen at their Willow Grove store.

I went into the Willow Grove B&N and bought black coffee and that Harney & Sons Tea which is weak as water.

On my credit card bill I saw that B&N had automatically renewed my membership for $7.99.

Was on the phone a good 90 minutes getting the dispute resolved.

And, yes, I was shouting, AGENT, I wanna speak to an agent.

Now these humongous trucks are going to the Bill Adams house to fix the devastation from the hurricane or whatever the heck it was.

And also the house next door, where branches fell from the tree.

Is there a better word to use than "humongous?"

Hold on while I czech.

Colossal. Gigantic.

Gonna see the film HARRIET TUBMAN at the Hunt Valley Library for free.

Ate oatmeal with peanut butter and blubberies from the freezer. Super delicious.

Why am I so thirsty?

Drank down my favorite drink - water - cold water - in my Harry and Meghan cup.

HARRIET TUBMAN

I always loved the black people
Dad hired them at Majestic, where he worked
They were different than us, sure, and
they fascinated little me.

Beryl Pinckney, Paige Sumpter, Jr., and
Norman Jordan, the late writer and poet
I wrote for a while on Facebook, and
Sam Jones when Dad was transferred to
New York.

Godspeed to these lovely lads and lasses
and may the God of all things, bless you
wher'ere you are.





No comments:

Post a Comment