Saturday, February 8, 2020

Pennypack Trust Winter Wildlife Walk


Souvenirs from the Winter Wildlife Walk.

Black walnut which falls from the tree. And a small yellow cherry blossom which sprouts on the ground. 

When we left my new friend George pointed to some barren trees still on the Trust and said they'll have beautiful blossoms in early spring, purple.

The walk was exhausting for me with my bad left leg.

Chris looked around and said we were all dressed properly and there is nuffin wrong with being out in the cold for two hours.

I dressed in layers and wore my new cute hat I bought at CVS.  



Director Chris Mendel often deferred to his buddy Kirk for identification of scat (poop) and deer prints. We learned which way they were headed by their hoof prints and also saw where they rubbed their antlers on trees when they were getting ready for battle.


Woke up at 8:30 am. The walk began at 9.

Ate vanilla yogurt with red delicious apples and a square of Hershey's Dark Chocolate.

Then I zoomed over.

While we were there we talked about the edibles walk with Dana Ward and eating mouth-puckering persimmons 

Persimmon Cookies Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com

as well as the black walnut.

I am so exhausted now.

Will fall asleep watching a new Netflix entry called Locke and Key. 

It was awful, so I turned it off.

The best films for me are on YouTube.

Last night I watched an extraordinary film called JACQUELINE. 

Everything, I might say, is supernatural.   


The Great and Powerful Oz.

Woke up with a massive cramp in my right leg.

Walked around, drank water, and finished my Hershey Bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment