Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Found Warminster Library for Creative Writing Group!

Our teacher, Eva Berlin, 88, is excellent! She read from one of her many books and she is a talented writer.

There were about a dozen or more people there and they were all very good writers!

At the previous semester's meeting, some folks like "Pluto" were not very good.

Makes quite a difference learning from these good writers, like Joyce Pfeiffer.

They enjoyed my story, Yes, She's My Mother, which I wrote in about 90 minutes after eating my Oatmeal with Blueberries, Peanut Butter and Pecans. Wanted to fill up before I left.

I left early, pulling my driving direx out of the pocket on the driver's side.

Began getting nervous about finding Norristown Road. I pulled over too soon, but got in the regular lane.

I think Roberts Road should be my guide.

There it was on the way left - Norristown Road - and I made my crucial left turn, found Emma Lane, and backed into the parking lot.

Arrived plenty early.

Went into the Community Room, pulled a book off the shelf and began to read.

Then I closed my eyes and slept about 15 minutes.

Took me two hours to realize the clock - which read 9:45 - had stopped.

In the book, I learned what happens to SOLITARY ANTS and wrote down the name of the expert about this.

Good story idea.

On the way home I stopped at TNT - Tim and Terri's - and ordered a nice dinner sans dessert.


 Leftover photos of very noisy cawing crows. This is Scott's house next door.

 Here's Eva Berliner who did a good job critiquing everyone. The white-haired woman is Sharon and next to her is Trina, I thinka.
 
 Suzanne wants to organize her thoughts and tell a nonfiction story. Rosemarie writes haiku and wants to write a poetry book, illustrated by her talented grandson Cameron, which is not short for John Cameron Swayzee.

Melissa is an accomplished writer.


Joyce Pfeiffer really knows how to write!

Home sweet home.

Scott hung up these old glass plates of a woman sweeping and ironing.

He was surprised when I told him I used to love ironing in my younger years.


Stopped off to eat at TNT, where I had stale coffee, French fries with awful ketchup, a delicious Turkey Ruben Sandwich taking half of it home, and since I should be awake this evening, I'll fix up Yes, That's My Mother.

It is not about my real mother, still alive and living at home at 97.



Bernice Greenwold

Shall I watch the nightly news on PBS?

No comments:

Post a Comment