Monday, December 5, 2022

THE COFFEE DRINKER - KREMP FLORIST - BEAUTIFUL FURNITURE

 

Yep, that's me!

And why dyou drink it? Are you addicted to coffee?

Not at all, she protests.

I love the taste, the way it feels in my mouth, I savor it, like a look outside my front window, where I wonder why the house across the street, has smoke coming through the chimney. They told us they would not be home for another week.

Folks do look after it.

Scuse me while I take another sip. Shall I drain the entire Villeroy and Boch cup?


It looks sort of like this.

I stayed nice and warm in bed all night.

Slept in my warm grey pants, a warm WHITE STAG sweater and slept NOT A WINK.

Ever hear of the film THE MOVIEGOER by Wallace Stegner? He was once very famous. We all have a chance to be famous. Andy Warhol called it our fifteen minutes of fame.

After I woke up, I combed my hair in the upstairs pink and green bathroom, then pulled out my usual white hairs, and then raced downstairs.

Onto the front porch I put them. Go ahead, birds, and make your nest using my fine white hair. 

Did I mention I shared my THREE MAILMEN novel with Rem? They are working him hard at the post office, but he will get to it eventually.

A FINE CUP OF COFFEE

A proper cup with a proper handle

you can cradle in your hand

tiny sips will preserve the flavor

thin as a see-through envelope

you wanna stand up and cheer like a

drum majorette but won't

instead you thank the far-off growers

from whence they came

and promise yourself another cup

tomorrow. 

KREMP FLOWERS JUST UP THE STREET FROM ME


Castlery Furniture. What a lovely bedroom! Double click to make bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment