Saturday, December 3, 2022

RAIN - new poem

AMAZON sent me a ream of typing paper, which arrived earlier than expected. Price was quite good tho I have forgotten it. 

I wanted to create something new and type it up, which I did.

However, I was unable to send it to Ellen so I had to retype it.

Herewith:

RAIN


We knew it was going to rain. All the radio stations told us and so did local newspapers.

Yet when the greyness came over the land like cupcake tins, I shuddered and changed into my warmest nightgown, a blue like the

Mediterranean. 

Of course Napoleon and his Josephine were long gone, as was his Desiree, but hardly forgotten and I warmed up under my covers

with a cup of mint tea with a hint of caffeine.

Breakfast was a large block of unsalted butter, two brown eggs which I cracked into my expensive new saucepan, leaving hunks of shells I removed immediately. 

Then licked my fingers clean.

The finishing touch was "spring mix," a blend of lettuce, arugula, and spinach. Be careful, though, it burns quickly in the pan.

I march with it into the living room, sit myself down on the long red couch and see what is happening on our street.

Dog walkers, of course. And outside the window, our bushes - which look as if paint has splattered on them - blow as if they plan to uproot themselves and sail into the sky above.

- Ruth Z Deming



Quickly quickly I walked around the block earlier. Ellen went out first. I walked around the entire block pausing to watch a couple people put up their Christmas decorations.

$16.79 for the copy paper. 

Let me tell you something. I am exhausted. BUT I will go upstairs and keep reading HORSE by Gwendolyn Brooks, an outstanding storyteller. 

My CPAP machine will be on. My nostrils will be distended and I will hate every minute of it but this is what I am supposed to do.

WHY?

I dunno. 

You Should Try Different CPAP Supplies to Optimize Your Comfort

One of the most common complaints from individuals who use CPAP machines is that they are not comfortable to use. If the CPAP isn’t comfortable, you’re unlikely to use it each night.

It’s possible to cure many cases of CPAP discomfort by trying various types of accessories, according to the Mayo Clinic. A CPAP machine typically delivers a continuous stream of air via a face mask. Try different types of masks to find one that suits the shape of your face.

NOWHERE online does it answer the question, What does a CPAP machine do. 

.......



No comments:

Post a Comment