Saturday, December 17, 2022

On my walk just now I met SAM, a man with a RHODESIAN RIDGEBACK

 

The dog, named BEAR, is very sensitive.

Sam would say, Okay Bear, she sees you, about folks across the street.

I mentioned about Bob, who recently died on Sleighride Road. 

A black Ford Explorer was parked in the drive. 

Would YOU like to live in Bob's house?

I would not!

Though as you know, I paid dozens of visits to his father, Luke Sanders. I would bring him soup and chili and he would pour me a cup of Folger's Coffee.

This morning I made Maxwell House Drip Coffee that was delicious.

Then I emailed it to my WRITING GROUP and a few other folks.

Sam, whose mom/law now lives with him, might enjoy reading my blog. Find me on Ruth Deming, one M.

She does the laundry in the basement. 

Uncle Marvin, the late great, would wake up at 2 am and do the laundry in the basement. Hmmm, wonder where the movies are from Mark's wedding and bar mitzvah. 

We also go in the dark damp spidery basement. 

Am reading for our reading group - OLYMPUS, TEXAS, which we will discuss at 7 pm on Weds, December 28, 2022. 

On my walk down Cowbell this morning I was trying to catch up with a UPS truck that read, Better with Natural Gas.

WHY, I wanted to know. 

From the Internet.....

There’s also a great push toward another clean burning and renewable technology – Renewable Natural Gas (RNG). UPS recently made a commitment to purchasing 250 million gallon equivalents of RNG over the next seven years, making the company the largest consumer of RNG in the transportation industry.

“The use of RNG is a very important part of UPS’s strategy to increase alternative fuel consumption to be 40% of total ground fuel purchases by 2025,” said Mike Whitlatch, UPS vice president of global energy and procurement. “We’re using both liquid natural gas (LNG) and compressed natural gas (CNG) as bridging fuels to increase our use of RNG. This will have a measurable impact as RNG yields up to a 90% reduction in lifecycle greenhouse gas emissions when compared to conventional diesel.”

Additionally, UPS recently announced plans to purchase more than 6,000 natural gas-powered trucks. This commitment represents a $450M investment in expanding the company’s alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicle fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment