Monday, December 26, 2022

NO MAIL TODAY?

 That is because today, the day after Christmas, was a federal holiday!

Thanks to our friend REMINGTON MURPHY for this important information.

Same thing for the day after New Year's Day.

How many times did YOU check your mailbox?

Oh, I stepped outside into the frigid air to check, about a dozen times.

Just watched the PBS Evening News.

Yes she will be leaving the first of the year.

This evening discussion concerned the TALIBAN and its forbidding women to hold responsible jobs. Many are physicians - or prescribing nurses -  who help the sick and dying. Photos of emaciated babies were shown.

What a corrupt society that is willing to sacrifice its own people to stay in power themselves.

I also watched the short series THE TWO POPES. Beautifully acted and mysterious. Let's see who made this film. 

The Two Popes is a 2019 biographical drama film directed by Fernando Meirelles and written by Anthony McCarten, adapted from McCarten's play The Pope which premiered at Royal & Derngate Theatre in 2019.[3][4] Predominantly set in the Vatican City in the aftermath of the Vatican leaks scandal, the film follows Pope Benedict XVI, played by Anthony Hopkins, as he attempts to convince Jorge Mario Cardinal Bergoglio, played by Jonathan Pryce, to reconsider his decision to resign as an archbishop as he confides his own intentions to abdicate the papacy.[5]

The film premiered at the Telluride Film Festival on August 31, 2019. It began a limited theatrical release in the United States on November 27, 2019, and in the United Kingdom on November 29, 2019, and started digital streaming on December 20, 2019, by Netflix. The performances of Pryce and Hopkins, as well as McCarten's screenplay, received high praise from critics, and all three men received nominations for their work at the Academy AwardsGolden Globes and British Academy Film Awards.


I will finish watching it tomorrow. I was relieved to find something terrific to watch after going through some really lousy films. 

Also wanna write something about one of my favorite people, though she passed away a couple of years ago.

All I have left of HAR are her dishes, her silverware, her brilliant ideas and a mind without peer.

 
Virginia Woolf famous for her novels, short stories, essays and life at Bloomsbury.

1882 - 1941. 

Age 59. The same age my dad died. 

Soon I must tromp upstairs so Scott can tuck me in with my CPAP Machine.

First though I will turn off my Christmas Lights and then go upstairs to brush my teeth and yes to use my Listerine Mouthwash.

Does mouthwash do any good?


No comments:

Post a Comment