Friday, November 4, 2022

Attended Beatriz Moisset's 'celebration of life' yesterday - Am continuing to read The Golden House by Salman Rushdie (c.2017) - Also watched Joel Fuhrman

 I am freezing upstairs in my composing room but can't go downstairs to drink a beloved hot beverage b/c I just rinsed out my mouth with NEEM Mouthwash, which I hope is effective against cavities.

An interesting part of THE GOLDEN HOUSE took place ages ago in the part of Greenwich Village where my sister Donna used to live. 

Houston Street, Broome Street, Thompson Street - do not quote me - I don't wanna open the book back up, but it was neat that these areas were mentioned.

When I looked out the window of my bedroom - on the second floor - the world was misty once again. How lovely! But the fog will lift.

From B's yesterday, I brought home three fantastic paintings of hers.

Told Marf I would give her one. Several years ago her husband David made me a Chanukkah candelabra out of blue-painted wood.

GORGEOUS!!!

Then I looked around on my balcony to see where I might hang up B's pictures. 

I am trying to use correct grammar as my writing teacher, Eva Priestly, would have me do.

Thing is, Why should I continue reading THE GOLDEN HOUSE? I may ponder this question during the day. 

Why do we read? 

I looked up several words in The Golden House in my pocket dictionary which lies on my bed, while I was wearing my CPAP machine. 

There was also something called "Biederman chairs" which I will look up right now. 


The above pic came from ETSY. 


Was so glad to hear Joel Fuhrman again. He reminded the audience to eat G-BOMBS - greens, berries, onions, mushrooms, bbbb, seeds. 


GREENS (aka salads) - BEANS (of all types) - ONIONS - MUSHROOMS (anti-cancer) - BERRIES - SEEDS (like pumpkin seeds and many others)

WHERE, I WONDER do MallowMars fit in.

And, no I won't post a picture as I might just drive down to.....



No comments:

Post a Comment