Wednesday, July 6, 2022

We are so proud of Grace and Max

 

Watched a lot of this film online. Premise - how can a dumb blonde like YOU get in Harvard?

My granddaughter Grace will be in the play at Abington High School tomorrow night. I won't go fearing germs.

Dan and I talked about half an hour on the phone. My real estate taxes arrived. About 4 K. I do have the money but I've gotta sell some stocks. Plus pay my accountant's bill.

[EMCEE]
I know what you're thinking?
You wonder why I chose her
Out of all the ladies in the world
That's just a first impression?
What good's a first impression?
If you knew her like I do
It would change your point of view
If you could see her through my eyes
You wouldn't wonder at all
If you could see her through my eyes
I guarantee you would fall like I did
When we're in public together
I hear society groan
But if they could see her through my eyes
Maybe they'd leave us alone
How can I speak of her virtues?
I don't know where to begin:
She's clever, she's smart, she reads music
She doesn't smoke or drink gin like I do
Yet when we're walking together
They sneer if I'm holding her hand
But if they could see her through my eyes
Maybe they'd all understand

[They waltz]

I understand your objection
I grant you the problem's not small
But if you could see her through my eyes
She wouldn't look Jewish at all!

KALIE, why are you barking?

ELLEN AND I had a great dinner. Scallops over a bed of greens.

Picture picture. Didn't Mr Rogers say that?

Joel Grey. 

Born 1932 In Brooklyn.

My late parents Bernice and Harold made sure we saw Broadway musicals including CABARET, which I decided not to see. 

Not to worry. I have sung the Sally Bowles role while dancing in my living room. 


Liza Minelli at 76 years old. My guess is she was born in 1946. 


No comments:

Post a Comment