Wednesday, July 13, 2022

A lazy summer day and the junkman just passed by - could that be made into a poem?

 

I had the opportunity of a lifetime and I blew it.

Mary Kate was here. We did loads of exercises, ranging in difficulty but I did em all.

Told her - her daughter is Aubrey - that I wrote a terrific story but it was difficult when I began it last night as I was very tired and couldn't think straight.

Finished it this morning and I liked it a lot. Wrote it for my friend Margie who hasn't had a chance to read it yet.

When I went online to find THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF KELSEY AND NATHAN I could not find the damn thing.

AND not a soul has read it.

When Mary Kate arrived, I was in the middle of eating a frozen dinner. I felt I was caught with my pants down. How rude to be eating AMY'S THAI CURRY. 

She and I walked outside in the heat, which offered no refreshing breezes. I drank a glass of water first. Ellen is in charge of the water. 

Told her my former client from Bristol Bensalem called and we talked for 90 minutes.

JP.  Put him in my address book along with his DOB August 31, 1957, I think. He is now on Medicare, part A and B. 

His legs are swollen as he fell off his bike several times so he can't take Bucks County Transport since he can't make it up the steps and they refuse to help you.

He is Ukrainian, I remembered, and we talked about all the Ukrainian Jews. He thought he knew by our names if we are Jewish. Of course I'm a Deming by marriage and acccording to my ex, the name meant 'crook' but was changed. 

A tippin over truck comes down our street


reminds me of the dust bowl 

three cents for my sewing machine with treadle



No comments:

Post a Comment