Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Fighting a claim - Memories of Village Green Apartments

 


Hassles about paying a Labcorps bill.

They billed me 201.

This is b/c Medicare refused to pay my bill which was ordered by John Khoury, neurologist of Abington Hospital.

Just spoke to Vicky, secy to Khoury, who will contact MEDICARE, who refused to pay the claim, and tell them WHY this is medically necessary.

My diagnosis is MCI and sleep apnea.

This is what you must do when you file an APPEAL.

,,,

My helpers will be here this morning. I had plenty of time to do the above work.

MARYKATE will be here at 11:15. She is the mother of,,, a darling little girl.

MARISSA will be here at 2 30 pm. Her son is.... a darling little boy.

...


Akuba bushes with their mottled leaves

And yes I did have a cuppa java b/c I need to use my Mouth Breather to strengthen my lungs.


I turn into a man when I sleep.

Went out in the large backyard just now. 3 mushrooms out there plus two Bud Lights.

Threw the unopened beer cans in the Yellow Plastic Container.

Here is what the National Park Service says about mushrooms.

Mushrooms aren't really plants, they are types of fungi that have a "plantlike" form - with a stem and cap (they have cell walls as well). This is really just the "flower or fruit" of the mushroom - the reproductive part which disperses the spores. The larger portion of many fungi is underground, and can be acres in size! Mushrooms aren't plants because they don't make their own food (plants use photosynthesis to make food). The underground part of the fungus uses enzymes to "digest" other substances that it can use as food. Mushrooms and other fungi often grow in association with plants - perhaps attaching to the side of a tree, or growing out of a dead log as it decays. They are important in helping to "recycle" nutrients and break down dead plant materials.

WHEN I LIVED IN VILLAGE GREEN APARTMENTS I would walk with Mary Pasorini and she would gather mushrooms and keep them in an old margarine container.

She and Mom became friends. Mary taught Mom how to make Pizelles. Flat, crusty and tasty.

Mary and her sister, Angie, who had worked at Gimble's had a hard time getting along.

One of the best articles I ever wrote was about the barriers erected on the PA Turnpike. When Ellen and I went to Nik and Steve's party, we were back on the turnpike. 




No comments:

Post a Comment