Sunday, July 10, 2022

More about today's walk at the Y

 It was blisteringly hot but Scott and I were doing okay. I wore short shorts, my navy top with stars on it,  and comfortable shoes tho I should have worn soft cushiony sneakers to strike on the wide walking pavement. 

Also wore a darling gray broad brimmed hat with widenot chin strap that neighbor Bob had dropped off.

All was well during the walk until we neared the car.

Suddenly the heat struck! The greenery had disappeared and concrete became the walls. 

Why, we lamented, when we got in the car, why hadn't we brought WATER?

Of course we were close to home but hey we could have died.

Another disaster story to write.

...

I tied up in twine that thankfully was on a shelf in the kitchen the book IF IT DIE by Andre Gide. The book from another library was very detailed and often hard to understand but quite good.

Now I must figure out my next brilliant move.

Sitting outside in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment