Monday, July 4, 2022

Happy Fourth of July

 Hold on, while I pour another cup of generic coffee from WEIS Market in Huntingdon Valley. AND I have so much to talk about.

Wonder what other markets get the same coffee, which I do like, heaping spoonful.

On my morning walk I met Lee, owner of the two enormous white dogs named Abby and Scarlet. She walks them at 6 am.

There was also a car in someone's drive from Ontario. When I goggled it I found out loads about this province / territory. Our Greenwold family had visited it. I think we also went to Detroit and visited  a foundry. 

Didn't we have a blast, kids?



Scott just came over to visit and told me to blog directly on my bloggin site.

Here I am. We will BBQ at 4 pm on his deck.

While walking, delivered Nancy's paper to her porch, without a whimper from Kalie.

I am wearing a very cute top I found in one of my dressers - the drawer that still has an issue of a Life mag with drug info. It is not worth a farthing.

Told Scott that I watched Robert Lustig, MD, last night on Ellen's TV where I sat in yoga position. Oh, he used the expression MCI - mild cognitive impairment - which I have been diagnosed with.

Fancy that - a well known expression - MCI. 

I also told Lee of the Dogs that I may be attending Grace's play tonight IF they can get Bubby a ticket. I would sure like that and also while Dan was on the phone - I called him about water in the rubber udder on the fridge - Max said he wanted to talk to me.

What a thrill!

We also learned from 60 minutes about the so called Havana Syndrome and other terrible dangers that can be targeted to enemies.

This calls for another drink of coffee to relieve my nerves since I rarely drink alcohol.

I wanna put the date that Ram, the man who alerted me that Russell Eisenman died, and left me money in his will. 

This is quite exciting but I am no longer excited. It will take quite a while before it is probated.


Always use a flattering photo of someone. When my friend Stephen Weinstein died, he told me the same thing. Miss you Stephano !!!

Did I tell you I am in touch with some of my old friends?

Remember JPK and Paul S. 

Called my sister Donna on the phone yesterday and she comforted me about things I could not remember. Like where I bought my birdbath out front.

Donna worked at Starbucks for many years and knows a thing or two about GREAT COFFEE.


They brew coffee for different seasons and holidays.

Should I sit outside and read?

"You figure it out, you're so smart!"

That was the end of a short story I had written. Twas about Charles Ives. A man of dissonance. 

One more thing. I got the cockamamy idea of reading or re-reading a Charles Dickens book.

It's a far far better thing I do.....

FOURTH OF JULY POEM

We live in a nation divided
it has always been so
Vietnam, abortion, gun control

Hang out your flags
Mine was made in China
but it still works well

A little girl told A. Lincoln
to grow a beard. He would look
more dignified.

He united his enemies.

Back in the day when the TV
was not on all night, I sat listening
to TAPS

And remembered when Dad was dying
by the dawn's early light
losing his battle with his killing disease,
that robbed him of his lungs and his brain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment