Thursday, December 23, 2021

Rambling around the house - THEN I left a POT BURNING ON THE STOVE

 On the edge of my bureau the bright light of my date-reminder shines. 

Here is what it says: THURSDAY, PreDawn, 2:09 am, December 23. I have been awake for hours listening to great music on WXPN FM. 

Stretching out my legs on  my comfy but very crowded bed, and listening to a Bob Dylan song, I got a terrible cramp in my left leg.

I rolled out of bed believing the cramp would subside. 

When it didn't I ran into the pink bathroom down the hall and drank a glass of water. 

Finally!

I took notice to see if the house smelled like smoke.


Earlier that night I was sauteeing mushrooms. I set the timer but had fallen asleep. I jumped up from red couch and Mannix and found the saute pan. Quickly I lifted it up and put it on another burner. 

What should I do?

Slipped on my shoes, left home thru front door - Scott had locked my back door so it was impossible to get out - I propped open the front door - and raced over to Scott's.

Luckily his door was open. 

My house is on fire I said.

He raced downstairs and raced over to my house.

I've never seen anyone run so fast.

He took charge. I felt like a fool. My mother was not allowed to cook on Gantt Drive for this very same reason.

Scott insists my medication affects my thinking.

Is this true?

He insists on contacting and visiting Foxhall on Thursday, which is today. 

I also take a slew of vitamins and supplements, which also should be noted!

...


Just ran downstairs and poured out a bowl of peanuts. 

In a moment will on my submission to PURE SLUSH due on Friday, December 31, 2021. 

...

As you know, Scott and I walk around the perimeter of the WILLOW GROVE  YMCA every afternoon.

Scuse me gotta refill my peanut bowl.

It was freezing but for the first time I wore layers. Two pair of pants - my loose blue patterned pants with some warm grey pants over the top.

Took me forever to get em on.

Kinda, sorta.

THE PROBLEM with Pure Slush is you must load your stories perfectly. There are no second chances. 



No comments:

Post a Comment