Thursday, December 2, 2021

Gramma Lily's Kuchen

 A wonderful holiday treat is Gramma Lily's Kuchen.

Take out flour. We will knead on kitchen table with a royal blue dough board I bought somewhere.

Add warm water and Yeast.

Fleishman's.

Pre-heat oven. We will put kuchen in and out of oven several times so dough is nice and tender.

Meantime, in double boiler, melt two squares of unsweetened Baker's Chocolate. We bought this in  Hatboro, PA at a candy store which had thermometers and many kinds of chocolate.

The chocolate will be scrumptious so be sure not to make it too hot.

It was fun watching Gram's tiny hands kneading. She did it different than I did, but no matter, it always came out great.

I did not have diabetes at the time. I may not make it atall, but can always order it on Insta Carte. 

I mailed out two greeting cards, one to Coach Iris, who has a really long name, and the other to Jeanne Blair who loves Chanukkah. She had no cards in her card box but there was one that would work perfectly.

Off they went from Mailman Dante. I always make sure he takes the cards bc the mailbox was filled with J U N K. 


No comments:

Post a Comment