Saturday, September 4, 2021

The following editorial was NOT published by the Times Chronicle

 Saturday, Sept 4, 2021

The following editorial was NOT published in the Times Chronicle.

Thump! There it was right on time, the latest issue of The Times Chronicle, August 29, 2021.

So many great articles.

I threw myself down on the living room carpet and began to read, with the AC on, of course.

Although my Willow Grove home is not the Barnes Museum, in Philadelphia, with its wall-to-wall beauties, I do keep certain favorite pictures on my walls.

Robert R. Oswald, Sr., from your previous issue, has found a place in my home, he will be happy to know. This 85-year-old man of vigor and optimism, only recently stopped racing. His sturdy body, ensconced in a royal blue uniform, now resides on my hall closet.

Not only that, but we remember a couple of months ago, a Karmann Gia, which we called "Hitler's car," for sale nearby on Terwood Road.

A huge thank-you to Jen Wood of Brittanie Point Estates, Aug. 29, for giving us exercises for the over-50 set. "It's about taking care of our bodies," she says.

I have my own set of exercises for "bad knees," "bad hips" and "bad back."

I went outside today in the dreadful but challenging heat and Scott presented me with our daily produce from our garden. Our ginormous pepper plant has finally blossomed.

Turning on rousing music, I exercise from the floor or my huge extra bed in the family room.

Here's a little secret I discovered.

With all this self-discipline, do treat yourself with a tiny piece of Dove chocolate. Melts in your mouth.

Then open an intriguing book from the library - "Finding Freedom" - by Harry and Meghan - and discover a world you never knew about.

Gotta run and make sure Mr. Oswald is sticking to my hall closet.

Is he on there as if on the ROTOR RIDE when I was growing up in Cleveland, Ohio?


I had a delicious breakfast this morning, here on Cowbell, where the dog across the street is barking and the mules have disappeared some 400 years ago. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment