Thursday, April 15, 2021

Scott and I visit Rite-Aid in Huntingdon Valley Shopping Center

This is so he knows where to get his Moderna shot next week. He stayed online, clicking and clicking, and finally an opening came up. Hooray!

Backyard woodpecker. Yum! Nuffin better than succulent insects. Unless you are the insect. 
One of the ingredients in my Kruetzer cornbread. Delicious cornbread I made in a Pyrex glass pan. Took about half an hour to cook. Kept checking. 



Front lawn ornaments. 
The winter took a toll on my hubcaps, but of course the Buddha said nuffin. 














 Guess that's it, Boys and Girls, Ladies and Gents.

NOW what should I do?

Well, I'll certainly munch on another piece of cornbread, while telling you what I watched last night on PBS. 

PICTURE A SCIENTIST


It's about discrimination and name calling from male scientists to female.

It was so unbelievably shocking I could barely catch my breath.

Justice was finally done, maybe 30 years after the fact.

Francis Harry Compton Crick OM FRS[1][2] (8 June 1916 – 28 July 2004) was a British molecular biologistbiophysicist, and neuroscientist. He, James Watson, and Rosalind Franklin played a crucial role in deciphering the helical structure of the DNA molecule. Crick and Watson's paper in Nature in 1953 laid the groundwork for understanding DNA structure and functions. Together with Maurice Wilkins, they were jointly awarded the 1962 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine "for their discoveries concerning the molecular structure of nucleic acids and its significance for information transfer in living material"

A woman named Hopkins, I believe, said when Crick met her, he wrapped his arms around her breasts.

This was documented in the film. 

Worse though, was when women traveled to Antarctica, so very beautiful, but the men on the trip cursed them out and called them the foulest names imaginable.

The head of the trip was removed from his top job without pay and told he could return in three years.

BTW, I am using my memory, which is not all that great, but again the documentary PICTURE A SCIENTIST illustrates what happened.




No comments:

Post a Comment