Wednesday, April 21, 2021

MOM, EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF YOU

 Yesterday, April 20, 2021 was the first Memorial Gathering for my Mom. It was held at Donna's house in Clarksboro, NJ. 08020. 

Donna changed the date as today is supposed to be very windy.

In fact, though hard to believe, my YELLOW PLASTIC BIN toppled over in the street. It's nearly as tall as I am.

The reason I stayed home is bc there were unvaccinated people there. I felt terrible but I can't risk getting Covid-19.

Everyone there took turns talking about her, remembering her with great fondness. I will write a poem about her now. 

MOM, EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF YOU

If there is one word to describe my mom, it would be

Giving. Look around my house. Aunt Ethel's fancy table is covered with a B&W 

Batik Tablecloth from Melissa. Photos of this beautiful white-haired woman with black eyes

solemnize my house. Ever curious, she would want to know the verdict in the Derek Chauvin

trial. When I visited, I would wear clothes of mine she had never seen. I dressed up for her.


Mom's 'dressing room.' Photo with Nikki.

My mother. Her meals were divine. Gefilte kraut, Sweet and Sour Meatballs, and Lime Jello with sour cream I requested for my birthday.

She was a licorice lover, a chocolate lover, and a man lover. She got her man and the two of them

rule the heavens, hand in hand.



No comments:

Post a Comment