Wednesday, April 21, 2021

DRAMA ON COWBELL ROAD AND THEN SOME

 

DRAMA ON COWBELL ROAD AND THEN SOME

A large woman in orange jumpsuit like a prisoner
at Sing-Sing screams: No no, come back, come back
She speaks to her man size German Shepherd, and lands
on her back at the top of Nancy Myers Lawn

Here comes the Valdel Plumbing Truck, home for dinner
Pizza? Hot dogs from the Giant Food Court?

What concerns me is what I perceive to be a sewing cabinet
with rolling wheels at the Kiernan home. The cabinet is
terrified, worried that it will race downhill like the toboggans
in the Olympics far away

Morning come quickly
Those men in the noisy squeaky green machines
taking everything away, every single thing, down
to the dump yard where quarrels and fights erupt
as benches are being fashioned where sedate citizens
can relax and nap and read the Inquirer.

- Ruth Z Deming

For dinner I made Barilla whole wheat spaghetti. Combined it with John Muir spag sauce. I added cheese to add protein and it was delicious.

Though cold. As if I were eating it at the old ball game.


OMG, Birds are tweeting somewhere nearby - my back porch may hap?

No comments:

Post a Comment