Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Help from Sherry Villar for Assisted Living - Best Medical Alert Systems - AND MORE


Click here for Best Medical Alert System from Sherry Villar

You may contact Sherry at 

sherry@assistedliving.org

....

For many hours I've been painting on my back porch.

First, though, I walked around the block to get up my nerve. 

It's nice and bright on the porch. Bumble bees and wasps have been banging on the glass panels. 

I put a purple sheet on the floor. 

Painted my late mother's clodhopper shoes. What will I do with them? Certainly not hang them from my car window.

Scott had bought some things and I asked him for the Styrofoam panels, which I painted.

They're fairly good.

He liked my mom's shoes. My sister Ellen brought them over. We used to go to Faherty's for our shoes in Southampton PA. The folks are very nice there. They put cotton pads on the inside of the shoes to make them fit properly. 

I have the fan trained on me as it's very warm in here. 

Cut a bit of Japonica from the bush outside. Smells very nice.


AND my backyard Lilac Bush is flowering.

I always say hello to my shrubs.

Do you think they hear me?


Was listening to a very well-read audio book on the Net called The Last Tycoon by F Scott Fitzgerald. 

It was very hard to follow, so I shut it off.

Tremendously autobiographical. 

And probably had a piece of Dove Chocolate in the red foil wrapper.

Everything is drying on the back porch now.

Patch.com sent out a bulletin saying we are going to have a severe storm. Seems impossible, but who knows. I put out my Tall Bags in the Yellow Plastic Bin and not surprisingly a humongous wasp flew out. I guess he's feasting on all the food in there.

Hope he or she likes King Oscar Sardines. 

What we need now is a poem about King Oscar.

KING OSCAR

What a magisterial word is King

And he is among the greatest

His moustaches flared up around his serious mouth

As he sailed the seas in his fancy uniform

with epaulets like tiny whisk brooms I use to

sweep up crumbs in my kitchen

He lived so long ago 

in the early 14th century, I believe,

that the only honor they could think of

was to name a can of sardines after the mighty man.

...

If I ever go to Norway, I will see if I can persuade the populace to erect a statue of this Good Man. 

...

Just listened to a brilliant story online by H G Wells. The Transformation of Elsevere. A young man is conned into the body of an old man. It will give you the willies or the hebejeebies. Your flesh will crawl. 


H G WELLS, author of The Time Machine and other works.




No comments:

Post a Comment