Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Glorious Day in April - eating out on the front porch

 


Later on, I will make cornbread muffins. Scott bought me the mix. Lynn's above are streusel, for her 'kids.'

Judy was here to collect NINE STORIES and FRANNY AND ZOOEY, I purchased thru Amazon.

And yes, I read both of them until the very last minute, last night and this morning.



I couldn't open the door for her until I put on my mask.

Then we stood outside and talked.

We had both watched the series on Hemingway.

I thought it was terrible and so did she.

He was mentally ill. The way his parents raised him was really crazy. 

Then when he finally took his own life, it was lied about, saying he had a hunting accident. What? In the foyer of his house?

Judy brought me some nice soap. 

I told Judy I read the part where Seymour kills himself a couple of times. It was so well done. 

He was a homosexual, she said.

I did not know dat! 

While Judy and I talked, Linda from across the street was yelling at her dog. It was horrible. 

He's just a little white dog who loves to bark and has the prettiest face.


This could be Kalie. 

Charlie must be writhing in his grave. 

EATING OUT ON THE FRONT PORCH

My cereal tastes like custard
A little bit of this
A little bit of that
Oatmeal from the farmer's fields
in Scotland
Cream of Wheat from the Deep South
where Uncle Ben earned a good name
among the folks who once owned
plantations
Eat hearty, eat healthy, until the moment
you are no more.

GUESS WHAT?

Wayne was just outside walking Kalie.
I ran out in my brown shoes from Clarke's
and thanked him. He really appreciated it.
Called Judy to tell her and she said There is nothing
better than complimenting someone.

She used a Jewish term - she and her mother know
tons of them - that mean an honest compliment
not a fake. 




No comments:

Post a Comment