Friday, February 11, 2022

Buy my house, but wait until I have drawn my last breath

 So, I caught up with Mailman Sean so I could mail a 17 dollar check to my credit union. It is always fun to run after him!

Also put in mailbox check for $25 for Memorial Sloan Kettering. They did try to help Dad while he was dying from a lung tumor that metastisized to his brain.

What a traumatic experience that was for our whole family.

...

Last night was reading in bed. Endurance by Scott Kelly. 

I am always assured of a wonderful 'read.'

One great story he told was about 2 Russian cosmonauts who went outside the capsule for maintenance work.

They were trembling when they came back in.

One of them started to FLOAT AWAY in outer space, but was caught by his partner just in time.

...

TRIED TO PUBLISH MY NOVEL 

MY FATHER'S KEEPER ON the free website Short-story.net.

Could not figure it out.

So many times I tried to load it.

...

While reading ENDEAVOR I wanted to go downstairs in the worst way to snack.

I managed not to.

Earlier I had one of the worst 'lows' ever.

I could barely find what to eat. That is bc your brain is not working properly.

...

Hold on while I get a refreshing drink of cold water. NO, it is not made from snow, tho I always enjoyed that, didn't you, Nancy W?

I use a wine glass from Helene, I believe. Deep blue base.

...

When I look downstairs in the family room it looks like Mom's house. Ellen brought over everything she could, both in her car and in a moving van.

She gave me instrux today over the phone on how to preserve her bananas.

I did what she said. 

AUNT ETHEL'S SOFA is there. I pleaded with her not to bring it.

So is the B Altman desk with a beautiful lamp on top plus the RANDOM HOUSE DICTIONARY which I brought all the way from Texas when I was leaving my former husband, now deceased.

We had a small DATSUN station wagon. 

...

I WANNA BUY YOUR HOUSE, AS IS, wrote Dan Breslin of DIAMOND EQUITY INVESTMENTS. 

Are you related to the late great NICK BRESLIN, I asked. 

But I did not have Dan Breslin's email address.

OOOPS

Just lost a bunch of shtuff here.

WARMINSTER ON THE THAMES RIVER, ON THE GANGES, THE DANUBE?

Well, we are proud of Raj who has a big long Indian name.

Hiawatha? Nicomis? Hari Srinavasin?

Goodbye for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment