Sunday, February 21, 2021

SHIVA TONIGHT FOR AUNT SELMA

 Worked for two hours on a poem I will read tonight about Aunt Selma. Sent it to Lynn and Rem. Read it aloud to Scott, who said, Very nice. 

Read so many books this morning, falling asleep after a while.

Many are from THE FREE LITTLE LIBRARY.

One of em, translated from Spanish, won the Mann Booker Prize. About the "Disappeared" on the streets of somewhere. Gruesome, as it must be.

I remember Carolyn Forche also wrote such a poem. 

Started a new John Sandford book as I'm not crazy about the one I am currently reading. Ya think I can handle two?

Me neither.

Oh, Lynn loved my AUNT SELMA poem.

She and I are both worried that we may not be able to get on Zoom. Too bad Miles isn't home, I said to her.

Scott will be here - But I never met your aunt - to help me get on Zoom.

Did I tell you I'm gonna get dressed up?

Not in my wedding finery which I wore to Dan n Nicole's wedding. Photo is on living room wall.

I may paint my nails a pretty pink.

Aunt Selma would like that.

Afterward I will eat Nova Lox and cream cheese. With those Chowder crackers from VT Country Store. 

Read the obit of Aunt Selma here

Yours in peace wellness and contemplation.

Ruth Z Deming

No comments:

Post a Comment