Sunday, February 14, 2021

Oh no! We hope Aunt Selma will get through this!

 Aunt Selma, 104, from Cleveland, has Covid and is in the hospital.

My friend Rem tells me that prayer works.

Dear Lord, please let my Aunt Selma live. She loves life.

Amen!


Here she is at 92.

...

My latest panic.


Tried to get on my upstairs computer, the one with the huge screen. ACER.

Nuffin happened.

Called Scott and went back to bed to read Jack Reacher, who did a beautiful job of knocking together the heads of two very bad men.

Spent about 45 minutes with reps of McAfee, both of whom were INCOMPETENT.

Then I called Staples, where I'd orig ordered the antivirus and spoke to Josh.

INCOMPETENT. 

You're of no help at all, I said, matter of factly and hung up the phone.

Conclusion: Only write emails from downstairs laptop - hello hello - but my memoirs and short stories are safe upstairs.

WHEW !!!

One man from India - Cyril - thought he was helpful.

Wrong!

I'm at the same place I started.

Thanks, Scott, for the Valentine's tulips from Giant.

Here comes a guy trotting down Cowbell with his dog. Very bundled up. The man has very long hair. Once I talked to him thinking he was a woman.

Quickly I corrected myself. 


The Michelin Man. Pleased to make your acquaintance.

Am waiting for lunch.

The remainder of my 16 bean soup was too liquidy, so I added brown rice.

Hold on, while I see how it is doing.

DELICIOUS !!!

I added some mild Tabasco sauce, as well.


I injected 12. Photo from Net. When I eat crackers I use CHOWDER Crackers from VT Country Store, the only thing I have ever ordered from them which I do not like.

AUNT SELMA

I knew you first on Silsby Road in Cleveland Heights

when Dad and I would come and visit.

I'd mow the lawn in the front and the back

Muscle power!

Your husband Marv worked at the Cleveland Press

an advertising man who took early retirement.

Marv, like Dad, had strange sleeping hours.

Marv went down the basement and did the wash,

drip dry, no need to iron,

while Selma slept. Like all the Greenwolds

or Greenwold kin, she is a reader. And when

her eyes gave out from macular degeneration

daughter Linda brought home audio books.

I read them, too, in her honor, eat English muffins

with melted butter and sometimes plum jam

as I cast a glance westward toward Ohio

and bid her strength, perseverance and love. 





No comments:

Post a Comment