Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Farewell Aunt Selma

 Sadly, Aunt Selma died of Covid-19.

She was 104.

She died on February 16, 2021. 

I felt REALLY SAD.

Lay in bed this morning wondering how she was doing and then I got the email from my sister Ellen.

BTW, I just lost everything I had typed in here.

This morning is Trash Day. I schlepped out the very heavy bag I'd been storing on the back porch and went out and dumped it.

IT WAS VERY COLD OUTSIDE, probly low 20s.

Scott came inside and showed me how to post on my blogpost. Way above it says, BLOGGER, THE BELLE OF COWBELL.

Selma was taken care of by daughter Linda and Linda's husband Jack, Jack Fogel, who called her Selma, dear.

She is the last historian in the family.

Her husband Uncle Marvin is waiting for her. 

Where? On the corner of Cedar and Lee so they can go to the movies?

In her day, she was a real party-goer. 

Should I send them a condolence card?

Yes, in a few days I will.

Now, I will feel sad and let my mind roam free. 


Former house on Silsby Road, Cleveland Heights, Ohio. 


Could not find a great photo of Uncle Marvin from when he was in the US Army stationed in Belgium, 

I did however find the cigarettes he smoked at an art show at Brooke Glen.



Yes, I will miss you Selma, Dear.

Love Ruthie


No comments:

Post a Comment