Thursday, February 11, 2021

Happy Birthday Ethan Iverson

 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN IVERSON


His kin hailed from across the ocean
Brave seafaring men and women
Their ships heaved along the rough waters
The North Star, their guide

Wisconsin was where he first made his home
Cara and Sherman bought him a piano
which sailed the high seas
Proud they'd be when he found his lady love
brown eyed Sarah with the musical voice

The pianist has gone everywhere
performing, composing, writing, reviewing
catapulting from The Bad Plus risking everything
to be on his own.

Have Cara and Sherman guided him all this time?
Or the many vistas that changed him for good
Ask about any jazz great - Bud Powell, Dewey Redman,
Art Tatum - and he'll play you their tunes

All this and more from the Birthday Boy from
Menomonie, forty-eight years old.

...

I emailed this to EAI and SLD, but am also sending them a hard copy. 

Shhhh. With some tea.

One of them is a teetotaler.

I ate nearly an entire box of Cheddar Common Crackers. Crunch crunch crunch. Crumbs all over the carpet.

Robert Crumb, where are you when we want you?

Wiki knows all. wiki knows all

And you, Mr Crumb are 77 yrs old.

Doesn't that sound old, said the 75 yr old who can barely walk a straight line as her balance is so bad.


Wanna do a little reading in My Reading Room. Am leafing thru the Times Chronicle. Last week I published my masterpiece, she said modestly, BURDICK'S NEWS STAND.

Gee, I hope Carl Hollis and wife Sandy read it.

Long ago, I wrote an article for Art Matters about Vladimir Shatalov. 

My then-BF Chris Ray was visiting at the apartments and said, "It's a masterpiece." 

...

Mailed in my taxes thother day.

Scott and I marveled at what they pay for:

UM Real estate

Library

Debt

Fire protection

Trash

Montco Real Estate

Comm. Clg

...

ONE OF JUDI DENCH'S TREES



Born December 9, 1934, per Wiki. 





No comments:

Post a Comment