Saturday, February 6, 2021

My first order from GIANT DIRECT plus new short story LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW - new poem

 TONYA delivered my order while I was chatting with my friend Marcy from California. 

Earlier today, walked down Cowbell Road for about 7 minutes and then thought, Get thee home, it's getting colder and windier.

I tasted every single thing. 

Ordered LIVERWURST, which I learned to eat when I was going with Simon B. Has a rind, which you can't chew. 

Note to Simon: Miss you very much. He was great friends with my Mom, who died last April.

American cheese, hard to stop eating. But since I am eating a salad now before I go to Scott's, I can taste PRESERVATIVES in it.

Darn!!!

Scott is making Lentil Pasta at 5 pm, so I wanna get there HUNGRY.

Whipped Cream Cheese, which I would order often when I shopped there myself.

Impossible to open, so I'll carry it there when it's chow time!!!

Woke up this morning to Mr Rogers. Pure delight. A 6 yo boy, Nickie,  was playing a concertina. His fingers not only flew across the keys but they were well placed, as his teacher must have taught him.

Once I played the piano very well, but when they showed the notes, I couldn't remember a single one of them.



LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW was well received by my writing group. 

Ruth, that was funny. In the end, nothing happened, but a lot happened. You have a way of making life interesting. Ha, ha! Beatriz

But, The Anguish of Donald Trump was rejected by Fictional Cafe. I told the woman to remove me from all the mailings.

Later, I'll submit it somewhere else.

CHANGING THE SHEETS. That is one of the hardest things I do.

The purple sheets show everything. These sheets are a dull grey. Last night, I elevated my bad foot from where I missed a step and iced it.

Am also reading - and I do remember the name - WELL BEHAVED INDIAN WOMEN. A fellow in the book named Greg just died of dementia.

How I remember SECOND HOME, where I volunteered a couple of years ago. Nurse Kim was our boss. 

In a moment I will eat a salad which shouldn't interfere with dindin.

GORGEOUS WHITE SNOW

Mounds are amassed on our street

The whiteness blinds me 

I go out to greet it, wearing Harriet's Sweater

scattered with my white hairs

and a pair of herringbone blue pants

Every single day there is so much to love

even though the pandemic imprisons us

within.






No comments:

Post a Comment