Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I love the sound of airplanes

 


What on earth?

It's a car getting a new catalytic converter, a popular item that is stolen from cars in the days of the pandemic.

Photo from the Internet.

Just ate a snack out on the front porch, sitting on the cold stone step in my PJ bottoms and warm brown Clarke's shoes.

All from Giant: Rotisserie chicken, the remaining American cheese, and a huge Compari tomato. 


Was so exhausted this morning I stayed in bed a long time.

"Hello?" called a man.

"Up here, Scott," I said.

My ankle was on a bag of ice from the freezer and I was reading BLUE MOON by Lee Child. Very very good, with plenty of action.

You know what that means, don't you?


Mobsters are from Albania and Ukraine.

While reading I needed to look up a word - concertina. My 3 piece dictionary was out of reach as I had made my bed - and slept in it - so I reached up and said,

Okay, Mom, gonna look up concertina in your dictionary, 1976. An accordion style musical instrument.

Am also reading Bill Bryson's Concise History of the Universe


So damn good!

Spoke to my friend Carly Brown this morning. What a gal!!! We chatted quite a while. She and hubby Charlie are doing well.

Do you believe I'm hungry again?

Will grab something now and will then write a poem.

Whipped cream cheese and VT Common Crackers. Ordered from VT Country Store. Not what I expected. Crunch crunch crunch. 

I LOVE THE SOUND OF AIRPLANES

Even from my bedroom in the front of my house
I hear them. Put down my book and listen.
Who is on the plane?
Where are they going?
Who is using the john?

Shall we imagine a woman named Suzanne
flying to meet her soul-mate from a dating site
A beautiful woman, wearing red, like Judy Woodruff
often does, her eyes glow and she knows this is the
most important day of her life so far.

No one is there.

....


From the NY Times. Mobile, Alabama. 

When will this stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment