Wednesday, January 6, 2021

While reading upstairs in my Reading Room, I heard a thump - Poem: Look at the girl fly down the street

 Sure enough when I came downstairs I found a package from Flaherty's. Had spoken to Krista yesterday about what shoes to order.

New Balance sneakers are now snug on my feet. 

Opened the pkg with my box cutter and nearly cut myself. 

Handsome, aren't they?

I've always said SHOES ARE MY FAVORITE PART OF MY BODY.

George, I thought, you'd be so proud of me if you could see my sneakers.

George and wife Elinor lived on the bottom of Cowbell Road until they moved to the Old Ladies' Home as he called it, Ann's Choice.

Gone and missed terribly!!!

Can you hold on a moment while I write a poem.

Holy cow. WRTI FM is playing Carmina Burana, which Dad brought home years ago. What a great cantata with profane words.

Just ran over to Scott's in my sneaks and carrying the brown Clark's. 

I am inordinately happy!

Am reading the novel MASTER CLASS by Christina Dalcher.


and another color green book

THINGS YOU WOULD KNOW IF YOU GREW UP AROUND HERE by Nancy Wayson Dinan


LOOK AT THE GIRL FLY DOWN THE STREET

They'd never know I'm no longer young

These aren't Keds or PF Flyers

But New Balance which have what at first looked like

a Nazi symbol but after careful consideration 

an N for Newman, a family name, and I run

a marathon down Cowbell Road, dogs barking

at my approach, go Ruthie go. Oh, George I

miss you so, but in absentia I know you

are proud of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment