Friday, January 29, 2021

SO LONG ELLEN ROSENBERG - Long term insurance got her into one of the best places around here

 Earlier today I wrote my sister Donna.

I NEVER EVER fall, I said.

Except I did fall yesterday.

Was coming downstairs, the light was dim, and I missed a step!

I fell on my left ankle and left thigh.

YOW YOW YOW

Very bad pain.

The ankle was swollen.

Later that night, I got a bag of frozen blueberries from the fridge and left it on my elevated foot in bed.

I also rode my stationary bike, later, at the same speed as usual while watching TV in my bedroom.

When I was in third grade and we lived on Glenmore Road, I jumped down nine steps and landed on my feet.

Dad drove me to the ER where we waited for hours. Ended up with a cast on my leg.

Anything else, Ruthie?

Thanks for asking.

Watched a great Netflix film earlier called THE DIG, about an archeological find in the UK. This was at the time when Hitler was invading Poland and war was declared.

A wonderful love story made its way through there. 

Also watched THE VANISHING about a screwed up couple who drive their RV to Maine or somewhere like dat and the woman has a revolver and uses it.

I loved the film but mes amies and family did not. 

My friend Ellen Rosenberg asked me What Russian classic dyou think I'm reading.

Not Anna Karenina I said.

Yes!

And she didn't die when she landed on the train tracks, she quipped.

Vronsky was the name of her soldier lover. She's reading it for her book club. 

On Monday - where, goddamit, is a tissue to blow my schnozzle? - Ellen is moving into Brandywine at Dresher assisted living.

That's where Ada's mom used to live, and live she did for 110 years.

Also told told I LOVE Chekhov's stories esp Lady with a Lapdog.

Ellen has read it.

THIS BEAN SOUP is delicious. Split peas, can of Great Northern Beans, onions, mushrooms, tiny pieces of chopped celery and Brown Rice.

It needed salt, so at first I put in too much, then for my third bowl I got it right.



This is either Taco Bell or Paul's Run where Freda and Bernie live.

I call them every other day.

"Enjoying your life?" I asked Bernie when he answered after the 12th ring.

They were eating lunch. 


From the Net.

Can you imagination the great introductory music for the PBS Evening News Hour?
















Broke my ankle

No comments:

Post a Comment