Friday, March 9, 2018

The Time Teller - Instant Coffee



Thanks for taking my picture, Janet Baker.

Okay, where am I?

Starbucks Cafe. Don't tell anyone but I almost wrote Suicide Cafe. Might make a good short story, which I have to write for our Writer's Group the morrow.



THE TIME TELLER

This house runs on electricity
At any hour I wish, I can find proof
Tick o the clock
Snap on of living room lamp
Whistle of tea kettle

The birds don't
nor does the maple tree
or 25-mile speed limit sign
in front of my house

When the electric went off
three days ago, I used my
two fingers to turn turn turn
the little knob on the back
of the clock to get the right time

Twenty after ten
I had the illusion
I was God creating
time all over again
and the dimensions
of the universe
which, like an accordion,
contracts and expands,
contracts and expands.
Forever?


Rem liked this. Thank you Rem! I really value his opinion and his writing.

Oh, I got two poems - haikus - published in Halcyon Review. I have no idea what they are! BUT, I also wrote two fab stories and am waiting to hear.

Now, something is beeping in my basement. What the hell?

Hold on while I investigate. I don't think I'll pass out from carbon monoxide. I just think the device needs a new battery.

Damn, it's cold in here. But I'm saving my money so Dr Doreen can give me a new crown.

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

Say hello to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia who visited the UK today with a mixed reception.

He and his pals in the Leviathan - the correct word will come to me - LEVANT -  are keeping the death toll up with their neverending wars. Constantly blaming the other.

I actually took notes while watching. Suni, Islamic Revolution, Ayatollah Khomeni, Shah of Iran was given a tribute by Jimmy Carter for what a wonderful ruler he was. Tortured millions and threw them in prison never to be seen again.

But I do love his checkered tablecloth. Is it a hounds tooth pattern. They have their clothes specially tailored. I spent hours today watching Frontline's Bitter Rivals.

Then I began watching a Frontline documentary on a schizophrenic man who took hostages at the University of Albany. THAT I had never heard of, have you?

I can't find it, tho, and I must in order to fulfill my destiny.

Oh! Was listening to Beethoven on the radio and wanted to listen to more on YouTube. Suddenly the words "Diabelli Variations" flew like a flying corned beef sandwich into my head.

Sviatislov Richter is playing for us right now! Click here.

Let's find out if he left the Soviet Union or not.

He's from Ukraine and his family had a dreadful experience.

Read here

OK, I found the Frontline doc, but it's not what I was watching.

Howsomesever, here it is. That howsomesever was a phrase used by my dead husband. 

And do NOT read the sidebars as they tell of terrible things.





No comments:

Post a Comment