Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Scott goes to work early - Newest collage - what shall I name it? - Poem: Two Fingers - The Best Soft Drink of Them All


Scott made an early SEPTA train in case the later trains stopped running.

If he can't get home tomro, he's got plenty of food at work.

I called him up - he'd already left -  and said I was downstairs and listening to the Nightly Biz Report on PBS and did not hear Tyler Mathisen's voice.

Sure enough, he got a new job.

He left on excellent terms with his former colleagues.

Image result for tyler mathisen   
He has a blog and I left a comment.

This is a Nature Collage. "The End of our Natural World" or is that too pessimistic.

Story of the collage. I bought my grandson Max, 4, a huge dinosaur which came in a gorgeous box which of course I saved.

Today, with the snow falling all around, was the perfect day to work on it.

When I went into the kitchen while it was still light, I thought, I'm cocooned by the snow.

 Worked in the living room where the light was good. Turned around so I cast no shadows on my work.

Used calendars I keep for postcards I send to friends.

Tools included scissors and stapler and Scotch Tape, real Scotch Tape.

Used Magic Markers. 

Hold on. Let's see what's on TV.

Something really good on NOVA, up I go.

TWO FINGERS

My imagination flags, thinking of good things
to eat. Healthy things, to keep my body young,
supple, like the way I feel inside. Mary Martin
in green outfit swinging from ropes in Peter Pan.

Will visit Mom later in the day. She loves the
shrimp egg rolls prepared by Helen in the Chinese
kiosk at the Giant.

I hold up two fingers for two egg rolls, not realizing
it's the victory symbol from World War II
or the peace symbol as in Give Peace a Chance.

Folks say the world's no better or worse than
it's always been. Trump's inanities, school shootings,
reversals of sexual assault convictions.

That's me, burying my head on the pillow,
beret snug on my head, thinking about
absolutely nothing.

THE BEST SOFT DRINK OF THEM ALL

Coke? Diet Coke? Sprite or Dr Pepper?
You may read something like this in a book:
She brought out a pitcher of lemonade
on a silver tray.

Lemonade's my favorite drink of all.
Since I'm on a weight loss campaign
I drink it without sugar.

I sip it slowly so I can taste the
true taste of lemon.

Try it and see if you don't agree.

***

When I worked as a therapist at Bristol-Bensalem Human Services I used to drink Diet Dr Pepper.

The place became condos with rocking chairs on the front porches, which are now covered with 7 inches of snow.

View the incorrect info here.

TALENT AFTERNOON at New Directions, 2012.

View it here.



Photo by the late Ron Abrams.

No comments:

Post a Comment