Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Lab Tests in Jenkintown PA




LAB TESTS IN JENKINTOWN PA

The New York Times has found coercion, abuse and billions seized
as the Saudi crown prince will soon come to town
And the eagles in Hanover, PA - watch the live camera - are
covered with snow, but the two eggs remain warm under huge
feathered bodies I long to touch
My friend Barbara Postel with her beaming nature canvases has
left the earth for planets unknown

Will be with you after a while, says Jennifer at Quest. She's in there
with someone with muffled voice and who shrieks in pain. I pull
out my book, Lab Girl, but have forgotten my glasses. The
longer I read, the better I can see.

Out he comes. "I was only pretending to be in pain," he says.

Ruth! she calls. Jane is off for a week. Jennifer's gear is
all made of paper, not exactly a paper Valentine, but sassy-
looking and stylish.

Oh, you have tiny little veins, she says. I look over to see how
the blood's coming out.

Soon four viles of blood are filled. Driving home triumphantly
I pass an oil truck and try to remember where to turn. "Moreland"
screams at me.

The train chugs hello as I rush in the house to eat my vegetable
noodle soup.


***


 Don't look now but I took off my hat.

There's actually hair under there. Red.
Click to view live action of Eagles in Hanover, PA.  Where dat?  O, middle of the state. Thanks!

A brand new morning, thanks Mama Eagle!
I have totally forgotten how to write poetry.

So, the Compass is basically done. Rene is making great progress.

Our section Pursue the Wonderful is different this year. I asked different people what they're looking f/w to.

Was standing in my kitchen where I have a view of all my docs on the bulletin board.

Mine eyes lit on Dr Lorrie Finelli DO. I called and asked her aide if she'd like to contribute. Why, Lorrie? asked the person.

B/c she's a good doctor and I like her, I said.

She will not be appearing in Pursue the Wonderful.

We get more philosophical at night, at least I do.

Wearing my hat, the door closed, I'd set the temp to 62 and was reading, oh, three or four different books including The Mare, Lab Girl, Conclave, and something by Louise Penny of the Inspector Gamanche series.

What's the point of life, I asked myself. Why am I always hurrying to make deadlines - library books, the Montco Writers' Contest, Jellyfish Review. Then I remembered Blood and Thunder lit mag. Is there a deadline.

Barbara Postel met her deadline on March 6, 2018.

80 years old.

It's almost 9:30 am and I haven't had breakfast yet.

Ah, look, the catering truck is outside and YES, they're coming in. I wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment