Sunday, March 4, 2018

Film Noir Sunday - Poem: The Documentary - More, just in case I die and they wanna put out an anthology - Aleppo - Chopin's Birthday

Love when there's tons of stuff to do before my date with Scott and Edwin Muller of TCM Film Noir.

THE BIG HEAT with Glenn Ford and Alexander Scourby at the Mob Boss.

When I clumb upstairs to Scott's bedroom, snack in hand (Triscuits with blubbery jam) he said Nice haircut but had forgotten to watch T C M!

He was mortified!


New photo by Scott. Am wearing Noam Levine's PJs from when he was in the Israeli Army.

The Big Heat was just starting but we did miss the intro. He slept thru the entire film, normal for him, as this is when he catches up on his sleep. 

I was shocked that dynamite actually killed homicide detective Glenn Ford's wife played by Jocylyn Brando, from the Brando family of actors.

Image result for the big heat glenn ford  Gloria Graham got even with Lee Marvin who thru hot coffee on her face.

Image result for the big heat glenn fordDirected by Fritz Lang

Got 70 cents off gas with Scott's Bonus Card. Not a soul was in line and I noticed that DQ is open on March 2.

Watched the below film. You can view it online for about a month. Excellent!!!

To tell you the truth, I can't really judge Harvey and wouldn't be surprised if his movie career is revived.

Click here to watch the 54-minute documentary.  Needless to say I'm sick of it all. I did write a revenge short story of someone who took advantage of me as a teenager. Pure Slush rejected it but I found somewhere else to submit.

Watched the doc  upstairs as my Comcast hadn't been fixed yet, due to the 1.5 million outages in the nor - easter.


Image result for dq

THE DOCUMENTARY

"Yuck," said Linda Barrett when I told her
Judy said "Digusting!"
My boyfriend claimed to "care less"
I could not wait!

Watched it on my upstairs computer
while snacking on hummus and crackers.

This is amazing! I thought.
He started out in Buffalo,
loved the razzle dazzle
the tall buildings
the flashing neon lights.

But New York City called
so off he went. A chubby
Jewish boy, curly hair
like matinee idols
he adored, and with
his older brother, founded
an independent movie
studio, Miramax.

He was far from perfect.
Trouble with his temper.
His impulse control.
The public called him
names - serial rapist,
can't keep his hands to himself
it hurt his feelings.

What will my wife think?
My children?
Tsk tsk tsk
go the reporters.

The man is suffering
that's for sure. The
last scene of the film
showed his long black Cadillac
driving off in in the darkness.

Image result for giant shrimp corn chowder  Had lunch at the Giant. There was no where to sit, so I'll tell you what I did.

Had a large carton of Shrimp and Corn Chowder, which was crackling hot n spicy. I love dat soup.

"May I sit here?"

Yes, said Alexis, who works back in PeaPod.

She was on the phone with her insurer. A tree fell on the roof of her house in Elkins Park. A friend came over and removed it.

Also had a salad. I always put purple cabbage in there since it's good for you.

As my readers know, we always see other people that remind us of folks we know.

Ah, there was my friend Fran Hazam but she wasn't with her late husband Denis, but with anudder guy, with a pregnant looking belly.

The fat guy knew nothing about taking lithium and ruining your kidneys, going on dialysis, and finally ... dying.

When I was done eating, I wanted to finish my very odd book called KNOTS by the Norwegian author Gunnhild Øyehaug.

Image result for knots book short stories

Asked Kathy, the Starbucks barista, if I could have a sample. She poured me a darling plastic cup of...
is it called blond coffee?

I'm now a redhead drinking Blond. How I wish I could show you a foto of my great haircut!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREDDY

In memory of Frederic Chopin
Born today, March 1

(1810-1849)

For one so young and so talented
he was quite the love of all the
young women, George Sand
most of all.
George, of course, who preferred
pants, was in reality a girl. They
brought one another nothing
but trouble.
So deep ran the emotions
in his work. Bliss is fine,
but it's the sorrows, the
disappointments, the
anger that makes his
music swing even today.

ALEPPO

With a click of the remote
I am in Aleppo, inhabited
for thousands of years,
a trade center between
two great water routes.

Drones bomb an apartment
house where a man was
singing and playing a guitar.
The jaws of life are ready,
always. A man's baby
is pulled lifeless
from the rubble.

Baby is smooth as
marble, but unmoving,
mouth open, a drop of
blood like a rose bud
on his cheek.

The "White Helmets,"
rescue workers, will stay
there till they die. Their
love for one another soars
up to the sky where they shout
Bashar! I wish you would die.

Are we all drowning in our own
Aleppos? Let me dance the
hora in the living room while
the violinist on the radio
sings to the whole world.

(Now in Aleppo I have reservations about adding the universal part at the end.)

Punxatawney Phil climbing up the steps on my backyard deck.

He's got some greenery in his mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment