Friday, October 8, 2010

Pre-cert arrives in plain white envelope - handle with care

Mark Amos of Bux-Mont Printers in Hatboro, PA.

Last-minute me brought my Yes I Can book over to Mark to print up by Monday. Luckily his biz is slow - I'm hanging in there, he says - so he can get 100 copies done before my trip to Cleveland on Tuesday.

I always think of new things to add to the book, such as the last line of my bio: Ruth has been pre-certified by Blue Cross for a kidney transplant.

Pass the anesthesia please. Make sure I'm out before you start digging.

I closeted myself in my house from 9 to 5 re-writing the darn thing, listening to Joni Mitchell and Keith Jarrett and the hum of the schoolbus chugging up the street depositing the kids.

Then it was off to Mom's for dinner. No matter how old we are, we always eat when we go home. She and Ellen fixed me this nice meal - plus a delicious turkey breast sandwich - while I mooned around.



This dude was on the PBS News Hour. I kept shooting my camera trying to get a split-screen photo of him and Judy Woodruff (please bark when you say her last syllable) but my camera wasn't fast enough.

I suggest everybody buy a camera and take photos. I have one extra disposable camera I just found on my kitchen shelf. Write if you want it and I'll give it to you for free. Mailing charges will be $100.

Pre-certified by Blue Cross until 2020. "I won't be around then," said my neighbor Nancy when I told her.

Will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment