Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Countdown to Cleveland

When I came home around dinnertime, the setting sun was reflected on my front door. I could not resist taking this shot.

I like working on the living room floor. These are solicitation letters I mailed out today for our new program Mike's Hikes. I personally delivered three of em, including to my nephrologist. Wonder what it's like for him working with such sick people all day long. He don't say much. (I like to use bad grammar on purpose, maybe cuz I'm not supposed to?)

Then it was off to the supermarket at the suggestion of sister Donna. Remember, she said, how mommy would pack lunches when we'd go on trips? All that delicious chicken, she'd make?

So I bought some chicken at the Giant, organic only, plus some eggs for egg salad sandwiches. It's important to keep my 88-yr-old mom busy and her forte is cooking. Hmmm, how would I spend my time if I were 88? Probably putting out The Compass for Aging Manic Depressives.

Masons Mill Park, Upper Moreland, PA

Water fountain at Masons Mill Park, Upper Moreland, PA. The water is always warm and not particularly delicious. I inquired about the temperature and the guy told me the pipes are too close to the surface to keep the water cold. Or something like that. I bring my own.

I drive by the park every day but stopped in today since I'd re-connected w/volleyballer Murray and wanted to reminisce. That's the whole point of traveling to Cleveland. We'll leave at dawn tomro morning. No computer take-with. Ada will come over to check the emails. Scott will bring in the junk mail and bills.

Who will greet Mailman Tom?
Who will listen for the to-whee-to-whee of the birds in the morning?
Who will hear the grinding of the gears of the schoolbus as it chugs up our hilly street?
Who will eat a shiny cherry tomato from our garden?
Or pick some sage leaves to cook in the rice?
Or marvel at that huge orange slice of moon we saw last nite on the way to the train station?

Not to worry. I shall take my whole sensorium w/me to Cleveland and exercise it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment