Thursday, April 14, 2022

Garbage Day and The Velveteen Rabbit

 Woke up very early and ran around house looking for items to pitch into the YELLOW PLASTIC BIN and THE TRASH CAN.

Lovely outside.

But WHY does my neck hurt?

Sleeping position, I suppose.

Wrote Linda Marie and told her I was reading an old BLOOD AND THUNDER and her work in there was superb.

Make sure you make this year's deadline, I wrote her.

My sister Lynn was kind enuf to read all my short stories and poems and give me her opinion.

The Motley Crew. 

Ooh, methinks that is the name of a band. 

Tried to load a photo of KAMELA HARRIS, but it wouldn't work.

Vice President Kamala Harris met with Philadelphia labor leaders Tuesday and rallied with union workers, touting the administration’s legislative and regulatory push to support organized labor.

The Inquirer spoke to Harris about a new White House labor task force, diversifying Philadelphia’s unionized workforce, and legislation known as the PRO Act that labor leaders say makes it easier for workers to unionize. We also asked her about inflation and her message to Pennsylvania voters ahead of the midterm elections.

Hope she captured the folks' attention. Did she capture mine?

Harrumph!

GARBAGE DAY AND THE VELVETEEN RABBIT

From here in my composing room 

I heard the thump thump thump

of trashmen emptying out the Yellow Plastic Bin

There will be no regrets for me, once thrown away

I start all over again.

Velveteen Rabbit 


is a once famous children's book

Mired in delight, I read it in bed, wishing I had someone

to give it to.



No comments:

Post a Comment