Monday, April 18, 2022

Ethan Iverson and mother-in-law Ruth Z Deming

 

Ethan told me to get to work on my memoirs, so I have been writing for about two hours now.

Stand up, Ruthie, and str-e-t-ch.

Done. 

I remember when my writing mentor Nicole Bokat was finishing a novel she would eat chocolate. 

I, however, am not allowed due to my delicate kidneys. 

Instead I eat unsalted nuts from Kirkland, which sister Ellen buys for me, and drink coffee with cream.

Well, Folger's powdered coffee with Almond Milk.

AND I am not even peeking on the NY Times to see about Putin's war, though I did watch, thother night, a Frontline presentation about the war. 

Going to Scott's now. We will watch KING RICHARD which I got out of the library this morning. 

MOVE OVER

Move over, my darling, we will cuddle while watching Venus and Serena's dad

Someone trained them and taught them about the art of competition

So many great tennis champs

Remember Jack Kramer, Ralph Nadel, Chris Evert and Althea Gibson.

Rackets I have all held in my hands. 

And played off walls, the best way to practice

Until they come out and yell at you

the bastards. 


Althea Gibson, 1927-2003. 

No comments:

Post a Comment