Sunday, April 3, 2022

How to Write a Memoir

 I just finished watching ASPEN IDEAS. The narrator welcomed 4 memoir writers who read selections from their books. A few had written several memoirs. Let me introduce them to you. 

ERIKA MALLIN Exec Editor of Aspen Institute for the Arts

KIESE LAYMON, a man, who said My mother taught me words to survive. 

DANI SHAPIRO, an Orthodox Jew.

RICHARD BLANCO, poet. 

My own memoir has been on hold for a year, I would say. Yet, at our Saturday meetings I often compose pieces that would fit perfectly. 

My newest title is MOM: A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW.

....

Why, I wondered, was Scott calling me this morning.

Of course!

Film Noir was back, after the Academy Awards had been announced.

PITFALL was the name of the film. 

Dick Powell starred as an insurance investigator and Lizbeth Scott, constantly smiling, also appeared in it.

The featured film of the day starred DORIS DAY who was born 100 yrs ago today in Cincinnati OH.

I've always loved her and thought she was a great actress.

Her real name?

  1. Doris Day (born Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff; April 3, 1922 – May 13, 2019) was an American actress, singer, and animal welfare activist.She began her career as a big band singer in 1939, achieving commercial success in 1945 with two No. 1 recordings, "Sentimental Journey" and "My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time" with Les Brown & His Band of Renown.


  1. Doris Day (born Doris Mary Anne Kappelhoff; April 3, 1922 – May 13, 2019) was an American actress, singer, and animal welfare activist.She began her career as a big band singer in 1939, achieving commercial success in 1945 with two No. 1 recordings, "Sentimental Journey" and "My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time" with Les Brown & His Band of Renown.



No comments:

Post a Comment