Thursday, April 14, 2022

MRI Machine - Susan Hayward Film

 


The opening on my MRI was far smaller than this. They cover you up and keep you warm. My knees were bent over a cushion.jecMild cognitive impairment, I answered, when asked why I was there.

When I came out at the end, I said it reminded me of Margaret Atwood's THE HANDMAID'S TALE. I did not see the film series though. 

Any refreshments? I asked when I was finished.

Some juice would have been nice.

So upstairs I go. Injected 13 units of Lantus.

CLANG CLANG CLANG went the MRI machine.

It will sound like a jackhammer, said Donna something or other.

I could not wait to come out and tell her she was correct.

Altho I have had a few MRIs in my life, I rarely remembered anything from the enormous CLANGs which I attempted to incorporate into the jazz music I asked to be piped in.

Everything off but your panties.

Put on the robe, my heart dropped, and tie it on the side.

I walked out of the room but forgot to remove my slacks.

Can't even follow instrux, you Baby, I said to myself.

The whole thing took 20 minutes but seemed so much longer.

Your head fits in a neck holder, as if they will chop it off.

I did imagine Anne Boleyn and Henry the 8th, mother of the great Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen.

I had read a lot about her. She always felt betrayed.

INSIDE THE MRI, I felt as if I were in a rocket heading for the moon... or the Ukraine.

CLANG CLANG CLANG

I could barely hear the voices of the helpers. In my hand they gave me something to squeeze in case I wanted to come out.

Nope, I would not do dat.

Ya know those toboggans that go down the slopes so quickly? I also felt like dat.

Was trying to remember a film I watched earlier today. Sentimental with some striking parts. Susan Hayward, the beauty, starred. She was the wife of a reverend who helped everyone, esp b'ful women.

Okay, exhaustion overcomes me. Tomorrow we will talk more.


Susan Hayward was an American actress and model. She was best known for her film portrayals of women that were based on true stories. Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment