Saturday, April 9, 2022

MAX loved his 9th birthday gift - My story for our Saturday Writing Group

 Called and talked to his dad, who put Max on the phone.

He loved this Compass which I bought on Etsy.

In fact, he is wearing it right now!

"Letter to Mom" is the true story I wrote for our Saturday Group.

PLUS I read everyone's piece and gave them feedback.

Saw Bob Sanders yesterday coming through Bill Adams' backyard.

His drug abusing GF dropped out of Rehab.

I do believe she will eventually STOP, but is not ready yet.

She is a lovely and generous person who once shared their garden tomatoes with me.

Called Bernie Samuels today to see how he is doing.

Fine, just fine. The food isn't so good at Paul's Run but he and Freda were master chefs.

I told him I'm looking f/w to reading a new crime fiction book by Dick Francis, recommended by Ethan and Sarah.


What wonderful and generous people !

I have many more photos on my blog.

Now who do you suppose is calling me now? JML.


THE JOY OF READING ON SCOTT'S FRONT PORCH


It was a free day so there I sat


cuppa hot tea on the side


reading, simply reading


The Thorn Birds, by Colleen McCullough


a priest is being tempted to no avail


by the wealthiest woman in New South Wales


I check the frontispiece for a map of


Australia, none there, while I sit behind


arbor vitae that shields me from view.


Nothing in the whole precious world is better


than to be able to read. Once, after my nervous breakdown


my eyes and brain had forgotten how. Do not desert me


and even when we go to the shore, I can read


most anywhere. 





No comments:

Post a Comment