Tuesday, December 15, 2020

What a good feeling to get my errands done - Can I relax now? Poem: Taking Down a Tree on Sleighride Road

 Hello Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Why am I in a good mood? 

Hold on and lemme slurp my cuppa coffee from Manhattan Bagel.

Holy cow! It has a tiny slot from which you can slurp. Wahoo!

Did all my errands today as I just explained to Bernie Samuels. Freda is sleeping.

We talked about the two-faced Mitch McConnell who with his Chinese wife have made billions in China.


Yes - I just spilled my water glass on the carpet - I got gas and inserted my credit card into the correct slot, then got meds at CVS saying My card is on file with you, then came home and answered emails while waiting till the library opened at 1 pm and then on my way home stopped at Manhattan Bagel where "A" from Belarus took c/o me. She and her husband "D" won the lottery and came to America.

It's crazy in Belarus she said. 

Frankly, my dear, the coffee is not very good. But like Ada's mother, Lillian, all she wanted was ice cream before bed and she was satisfied. Moi aussie with this lousy coffee.

Went outside my porch door and found my forsythia bushes, cut several stalks and will try to grow them, right here on the living room window sill, in an empty bottle once filled with cinnamon.

Tonight at 7 pm we will zoom. 

My friend Tree wrote that she received my long letter and it was one of the best she's ever gotten.

My heart sang, I wrote back.

TAKING DOWN A TREE ON SLEIGHRIDE ROAD

In the morning when I drove by

they were preparing 

seven sturdy men in yellow vests and hard hats

The whole thing? I asked.

Yes, said the man.

When I returned with books from the library in the back seat

Hughnormous logs sat on the lawn, weighing it down, weighing it down

Did anyone weep for these trees

Anyone out there?

I cry for those trees and remember them

with these lines.



No comments:

Post a Comment