Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Happy Fiftieth to the Talented Melissa

 

FIFTY AND FABULOUS, reads the sweater of Dr Melissa Joy Cartagena DeGrassi and sister Nikki Cartagena Roche. 

So very true.

I am dressed in very warm clothes and will shortly walk around the block.

In fact, I have just reserved from the library via WOWBRAY a book called A Walk Around the Block which will show us amazing things and tell the history of par example the sewer grates in the street.

My Bradford Tea Kettle is on the stove and I await the whistle. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA

The first time I saw you, brought by your mother, my sister Donna

you walked all by yourself into the patio door of Mommy's house

A smile as big as a red poppy spread across your face

How did you spend your life? A lover of Jesus, of spirituality, aware

of everyone in the family, including our late brother David, 

You and Gram remained close your whole lives

and she remains within you for the rest of your days.




No comments:

Post a Comment