Sunday, December 13, 2020

Achieved one goal today - Finished reading BIRD BOX

 

Author John Le Carre died today at age 89. His most famous book was THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD. Made into a film with Richard Burton and Claire Bloom, still alive at 89.

My focus today was on finishing the book BIRD BOX by Josh Malerman.

Sat outside on Scott's bench and finished it. Filled with surprises. 



It's also a movie. Now I can look and see who was in the film.

It's very chilly on Red Couch in my living room. Hence you see me wearing a warm sweater and furry hat. 

Remind me to pick up my meds from CVS on Monday before the big storm on Weds.

And regarding my leaking back porch, Scott was out there today on a ladder and with a hose. He figured out what was wrong with it and why it leaked.

I called Walmsley and told him to come out ASAP.

Lemme open the storm door and look at the b'ful decorations on our street.

DOUBLE JEOPARDY was a good film on Netflix. Tommy Lee Jones and Ashley Judd. Plenty of shooting, deception and treachery, which is also a description for the George Smiley novels of Le Carre.

Scott just came over and we lit the Chanukah candles. How beautiful they look!


How I love reading books.

Next one is John Sandford's MASKED PREY.


Why wait? Gonna start reading right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment