Monday, December 21, 2020

Errands done before it snows again - and Books, Lovely Books, from the library

 

Aww, Pee Wee Herman you are so cute!

Real name? 

dadadadadad

Give up? Paul Reubens. 

My errands are finished for the day.

But I'm gonna don my gay apparel and walk heartily around the block.

Done.

Just called Rem at the post office and asked how much I should tip Mailman Dante.

$20. Had to write him a check as I don't get out much anymore and don't carry bills around with me.


Hmm. What was Hamilton's claim to fame?

Shall we?

His first name is Alexander. 

Alexander Hamilton (January 11, 1755 or 1757 – July 12, 1804) was an American statesman, politician, 

legal scholar, military commander, lawyer, banker, and economist. He was one of the Founding Fathers of 

the United States. He was an influential interpreter and promoter of the U.S. Constitution, as well as the 

founder of the nation's financial system, the Federalist Party, the United States Coast Guard, and the New 

York Post newspaper. As the first secretary of the treasury, Hamilton was the main author of the economic 

policies of George Washington's administration. He took the lead in the federal government's funding of the 

states' debts, as well as establishing the nation's first two de facto central banks, the Bank of North 

America and the First Bank of the United States, a system of tariffs, and friendly trade relations with Britain.

 His vision included a strong central government led by a vigorous executive branch, a strong commercial 

economy, government-controlled banks, support for manufacturing, and a strong military.

THANK YOU WIKI and I did donate FIVE DOLLARS TO YOU THIS YEAR. 

    As usual, I am quite hungry. Did I tell you I composted today. Not easy but I made it home w/o falling on 

my buttinsky.

    Glad you're interested in hearing about my errands today.

    CVS for my Tacrolimus and Synthroid, then I actually figured out how to get to the library from there. 

Returned many books in the book drop

bump bump bump

    Then went inside, mask on, and checked out two books. Dorothy was my masked helper. And I did everything by myself, the bar codes. 



    The Lincoln book has 1088 pages.


God's Shadow has only 499 pages. Plus I'm reading a few other books, located all over my bed.

I do have my late mother's 1974 dictionary on my bed. Last words I looked up were cachet and something I don't remember.

BTW, when I finally get out of bed in the morning, I yell:

GOOD MORNING MOM AND DAD !!!

On my walk this morning I met young Patrick who was walking Sydney. She loves the snow, he said, and eats it.

When we were kids, I said, we'd eat it with maple syrup on top.

You know I am really excited to start reading those books.

First, though, what shall I eat?

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS 

My blue bag contains treasures

richer than gold and silver

I carry it with the pride of 

one of Chekhov's maidens

In only minutes you will find me

in my Reading Room, covered over

with green quilt as I feast on

w o r d s. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment