Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Shop, then Jazz





SHOP, THEN JAZZ

Walking to my car - I think I feel some
raindrops, said cart pusher blonde Amanda
All I wanted to do was eat, chew, taste,
roll around the cheese and broccoli between
my teeth and then

Joey Alexander, 15-year-old jazz man, head of a
trio, pokes his head in my living room, as I crunch
a green pepper and spear a black olive before
surrendering to the beat upheld by Joey's piano and
a huge polished bass and doo be doo drums

A sip of fresh tangerine juice, perhaps,
Fond applause and memories of The King and I
at Severance Hall in Cleveland, Van Cliburn
playing next door to a three-ring circus and
trumpeting elephants, the little rider in pink
on top is little me.

The ancient spheres above can barely
hear the woodpecker's aggression against
the old sycamore tree.





No comments:

Post a Comment