Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Sarah reads from her book GRAVITY at Arcadia College

Having just returned from the UK, Sarah drinks sweetened tea.

The room was filled and all were impressed by the ornate Grey Towers.

She arrived at the behest of Josh Izzard, who not only organized the program but has many other programs in place.

He's an academic.

I arrived in style via Uber.

An assortment of delicious appetizers were served.

I ate as if I were Gretel starving in a forest.

Sarah shared the stage with PE Garcia, a most unusual poet.

He's an editor for Rumpus magazine.

He's also written for Prairie Schooner.

I've never gotten my poetry into either lit journal.

Other photos please:

Winding staircase at Arcadia.
Image result for scarlett falls down the stairs

Schmoozing afterward. We were urged to take the food home with us.

I had Sarah's black coffee waiting for her when she woke up.

Last night she ordered Chinese food thru UBER EATS and we ate it in the morning.

Today she's back at Arcadia to teach Fiction Writers. She starts them off with some exercises.

Here's one of my favorite fiction stories that was published in Quail Bell Review. It's called MY JENNY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment